20 July - 4 Aug 2002
OBJECTIVE OF THE FELLOWSHIP:
1. Exchange of Knowledge and experiences among ASEAN Orthopaedic Association fellows.
2. Promote friendship and camaraderie among ASEAN Orthopaedic Association fellows.
3. Observe methods and technologies of different hospitals in the ASEAN region.
4. Compare the different training programs among the ASEAN Orthopaedic Association members.
5. Recommend ways to improve training programs of each country according to what had been learned during the traveling fellowship.
Dr Raul A. Grageda
Chief, Orthopaedic Section,
Veterans Memorial Medical Center,
Quezon City, Philippines
Moniker - "the total entertainer"
Dr Amit K. Mitra
Senior Consultant, Orthopaedic Surgeon,
Singapore General Hospital.
President, Singapore Orthopedic Association
Moniker - "the light of the group"
Dr Tundjung S. Suharso
( 20 July - 26 July 2002 )
Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery
Solo City, Central Java
Moniker - "the golden lotus flower"
Dr Bambang Prijambodo
(26 July - 4 August)
Professor Orthopedic and Spinal Surgery
School of Medicine Airlangga University
Dr. Soetomo Teaching Hospital
Moniker - "the flamboyant spine man"
Dr Zulmi Wan
Head, Department of Orthopedics
Chief, Musculo-Skeletal Oncology Service
University Sains, Malaysia
President, Malaysia Orthopedic Association
Moniker - "the sleepy limb salvage man"
Dr Atirek Jivapong
Head, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Seriraj University Hospital
Moniker - "the sage/wise man"